ESTnet members and the wider technology community are invited to apply for this new national SBRI competition launched by South Wales Police and Gwent Police to identify and develop innovative solutions to enhance the service provided to the communities of South Wales.
The ‘Next Generation Predictive Policing Project' is a new national competition to identify and develop innovative solutions that maximise the effectiveness of resources and enhance the service provided to the communities of South Wales.
This competition is jointly funded by the Police Forces, Welsh Government and Innovate UK and will be run by South Wales Police as part of the Fusion Programme, which aims to change policing through the innovative and dynamic use of technology.
The competition will seek to develop innovative solutions that utilise predictive analytic tools, methods and processes to integrate, interpret, visualise and forecast using existing and future police and partner data sets in order to assist in delivering the following outcomes:
- Improved prevention, detection and disruption of criminal activity and disorder.
- More efficient use of staff and resources to ensure we have the right people in the right place, at the right time.
- Improved planning and forecasting to ensure best value is obtained from our staff and resources
- Provide greater information and intelligence to front line officers enabling them to provide an improved and more efficient service to the public of South Wales.
- An improvement in public confidence and customer satisfaction for the local communities.
Organisations will be invited to compete for a share of a total £250,000 fund for the further development and commercialisation of innovative technologies, processes and business models.
A briefing event will be held on Wednesday 4th February at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Interested parties can get further information, register their interest and book a place at the briefing event via the Sell2Wales website or e-mail: email@example.com
For general SBRI information, please visit Innovate UK.