Transport for Wales (TfW) is a wholly owned, not-for-profit company that was established to provide support and expertise to the Welsh Government in connection to transport projects in Wales.
TfW is seeking to establish a framework of specialist rail civil contractors to provide engineering design, construction and maintenance services to enhance and maintain the rail service in Wales.
The scope of call-offs from the framework may include:
- Capital works to implement the South Wales Metro (http://gov.wales/topics/transport/public/metro/?lang=en)
- Design and implementation of enhancements of the rail network in Wales and its borders with England; and
- Design and development of transport interchange between rail and other transport modes.
- Ancillary works to stations, interchanges, carparks, roads and paths and other general construction work associated with rail enhancement/maintenance.
Services procured through the framework, particularly in relation to the implementation of the South Wales Metro, may be managed by the Operator and Development Partner (currently being appointed under a separate procurement ref 2016/S 137-247785).
Transport for Wales seeks to support and engage with SMEs throughout Wales and elsewhere. For this reason:
- TfW intends to place contracts to a significant extent outside the Framework directly through Sell2Wales, in particular where the contract value is not specialised and is below the threshold at which advertising in OJEU is required (currently GBP 4,551,513), although specialist rail work of any value may be awarded through the Framework.
- TfW will seek to maximise subcontracting opportunities for SMEs arising from the Framework via subcontracting arrangements.
Further detail on the scope of the framework is provided in the ITT documents.
View the details and record your interest here.
Closing Date: 14/03/2018