Job Description - The Role
IQE is a leading global supplier of advanced semiconductor material offering the widest product range of any independent wafer supplier in the world. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities; two in Cardiff, one in Milton Keynes and one in Bath in the UK; five in the USA; one in Taiwan and one in Singapore. The Group also has 11 sales offices located in major economic centres worldwide.
IQE seeks to engage a dynamic and strong vb.net developer for an exciting and varied role in a unique organisation. Developing and implementing professional bespoke systems, for several sites spanning three continents. The role requires working through the full system development lifecycle, which provides the variety and allows the employee to see a project through from inception to completion. International travel is highly likely.
This role presents a unique opportunity for a dynamic and creative person, who can think outside the box, has very logical thought processes and can troubleshoot effectively. The person should have an appreciation of the sciences and be very motivated and enthusiastic. For developing to precise requirements, the successful candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and be able to articulate information, simply and effectively. Finally, if you are enthused by cutting edge technology and have a keen interest in science, this role is for you.
Hours of work
- Standard office hours with high flexibility is required
- Occasional 24 hour call out
- Occasional national and International travel
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Gather user & business requirements and document the specification
- Analyse and improve business processes
- Analyse, design and develop effective systems to support required business processes
- Support existing software systems
- Configure, link and customise external software as required
- Create advanced data reports
- Maintain software project documentation and source code repositories
- Previous experience of Microsoft NAV or other ERP system along with experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
- Advanced proficiency with object oriented programming is essential
- .Net 3.5/4 ( Windows/Web)/VB.net/Visual Studio
- SQL 2005/2008
- Transact – SQL STORED PROCEDURES
- Office 2003/207/2010 VBA – Access/Excel
- Microsoft Database maintenance & design – Analysis /Design/Architecture
- Experience in designing integrated solutions in a distributed environment
- End user ODBC methodology
- Current Microsoft Operating Systems and TCP/IP Networking
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of management, engineering and technical staff.
Salary - up to £45,000 per annum
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- 23 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays) rising to 29 days after qualifying service;
- Bonus Scheme;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Private Health Cover;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Stock/share options;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Nature of Business:
Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date - Friday 9th February 2018
IQE is working in partnership with ESS Holdings for this vacancy and your CV will be forwarded to them for review. If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.