Job Description - The Role
Carry out manufacturing related duties such as testing, measuring and characterisation of manufactured epifwafers within the cleanroom environment. Loading and unloading of production material.
Hours of Work - Alternating shift pattern of 4 on / 4 off:
2 shifts 6.00 am > 6.15 pm
2 shifts 6.00 pm > 06.15 am
4 shifts off
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Carry out production runs as required by the Daily Production Schedule/OSR targets and objectives;
- Complete accurate records of all specified product characteristics;
- Perform routine operations on all test and measurement (Characterisation) equipment, in a safe, accurate, reliable and consistent manner;
- Perform scheduled calibration and/or monitoring as requested and to maintain all appropriate records, SPC data and charts;
- Gain a basic understanding of IQE product characteristics, and, how different groups within the organisation interact with each other;
- Assist in modifications and process improvement programmes where required;
- Assist in the training of staff as and when required and where competent to do so;
- Provide back-up safety cover to standard operating procedures as required;
- Complete all run-related data and checks on ODS (Manufacturing IT System), pre-run checks, and assist in 1st stage problem solving where necessary;
- Maintain local bay area, reactor loading area and gloveboxe housekeeping to normal semiconductor standards;
- Participate in any problem solving and continuous improvement programmes focused on achieving business objectives
Your Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent;
- Experience in a production / technical environment – cleanroom experience preferable;
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of operational, management and engineering staff. Must be an effective team player;
- Process – A good understanding of the MOVPE process. III-V characterisation & hardware capabilities and procedures desirable but not essential;
- Professional – Problem solving & work planning skills. Statistical process and data skills, (SPC, Lean manufacturing, VSM).
Salary and Benefits
- Excellent Communication between team and supervisory management;
- Customer service (internal);
- Good Judgment and decision making;
- High Flexibility and resilience;
- Strong personal motivation to learn and succeed;
- Excellent Team Working and collaboration
- Work planning and organising;
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving;
Salary - £15,303 per annum plus 40% shift allowance upon commencement, rising to £15,922 after 6 months training.
In addition, we offer you:
- Generous Contributory Pension Plan;
- Bonus Scheme;
- 21.5 shifts annual leave rising to 26 shifts after qualifying service;
- Death in Service Benefit of four times annual salary;
- Membership of medical ‘cash plan’;
- Stock/share options;
- Sickness insurance after qualifying period;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Nature of Business:
Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining the IQE team please send your CV with a covering letter to:-Human Resources Department, IQE, Pascal Close, St Mellons, Cardiff, CF3 0LW or email email@example.com.