Job Description - The Role
Job Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Department: (3 month review period)
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 - £27,000 (Dependant on experience)
As part of a highly motivated, skilful engineering team with an in-depth knowledge of electronic manufacturing technology, you will be designing automated bespoke production assembly and test equipment such as robots, automated test and packing equipment etc. The processes and equipment designed by the team uses the latest technology to enable the production department to run efficiently and cost effectively.
The candidate would be required to work within a small experienced design team as a mechanical design engineer completing the following key tasks:-
- Design of reliable bespoke mechanical equipment used within the production process.
- Using Autocad inventor and or solidworks 2D / 3D software to design mechanical components.
- Production CAD software to enable subcontract or onsite CNC mechanical product generation
- Installation, testing and commissioning of production equipment
- Successfully introduce new processes and machinery to factory to improve machine reliability and line efficiencies.
- Control design and Programming of Omron PLC’s
- Generation of all necessary documentation to enable CE marking of all equipment built
- Liaise with External / internal contractors.
Research industry for latest technology products to be used in future equipment design
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to HNC or above in a Mechanical discipline
- Experience in mechanical design using industry standard software (Autocad, solid works etc)
- Able to communicate at all levels including external customers.
- An excellent knowledge of mechanical systems as well as technology in general
- Good electrical / electronic aptitude
- Competent with use of Microsoft office software.
Salary and Benefits
- Good aptitude for complex and technical operations.
£21,000 - £27,000 (Dependant on experience)
Sony UK TEC
Pencoed Technology Park, Pencoed CF35 5HZ
Nature of Business:
Sony UK Technology Centre
To apply for this role please submit a UKTEC Internal Transfer Application Form to HR. This can be located in the ‘Human Resources Forms’ section of the intranet.
Please submit a UKTEC Internal Transfer Application Form to HR. This can be located in the ‘Human Resources Forms’ section of the intranet.