Job Description - The Role
Microsemi’s Advanced Packaging team delivers a competitive advantage for its customers by miniaturizing electronic components to create smaller, smarter and more reliable circuit solutions.
With a dedicated engineering group supported by the latest hardware and software design tools, we offer one of the most experienced Advanced Packaging capabilities available today.
Integrating research, design and manufacturing and support by onsite business services, sales and project management capabilities Microsemi is able to provide a seamless customer service.
Our Advanced Packaging Team is based in Caldicot, South Wales and currently has a vacancy for a NPI Product Engineer. The position reports to the Engineering Manager and the successful candidate will be working alongside a small team of experienced Product Engineers.
This position will ideally suit someone with 7 or more years’ experience of working in a similar engineering environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Co-ordinating the activities of multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver new products using Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) approach.
- Facilitating risk management activities in a concurrent engineering environment
- Liaising with customers and suppliers throughout the product life cycle
- Value engineering and design for manufacture
- Managing prototype and pre-production manufacturing builds in-house
- Maintaining project budgets, schedules and product costing files
- Disciplined problem solving and continuous productivity improvement
Salary and Benefits
- Structured and disciplined approach
- Articulate – able to convey technical options/arguments in a concise way
- Comfortable leading and facilitating team technical activities
- Focussed on business results and continual process improvement
- Flexible – able to contribute to all aspects of the team’s work
- Proven project management abilities (scheduling, contingency planning, budget tracking, expediting)
- Conversant with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) approach to introduction of new high-reliability products
- Demonstrable problem-solving, process improvement and negotiation skills
- 7+ years’ experience of working in a concurrent engineering environment
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Salary is subject to experience plus annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include 25 days annual leave, pension, life insurance, private medical insurance and continued professional development
Microsemi Semiconductor Limited
Nature of Business:
Castlegate Business Park
Advanced Microelectronics Packaging for Medical and High Reliability applications
Michelle Taylor (Head of HR/Personnel) 01291 435316
Matthew Sparks 01291 435318
Please email CV in first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org