Job Description - The Role
Microsemi’s Advanced Packaging team delivers a competitive advantage for its customers by miniaturizing electronic components to create smaller, smarter and more reliable circuit solutions.
With a dedicated engineering group supported by the latest hardware and software design tools, we offer one of the most experienced Advanced Packaging capabilities available today.
Integrating research, design and manufacturing and support by onsite business services, sales and project management capabilities Microsemi is able to provide a seamless customer service.
Our Advanced Packaging Team is based in Caldicot, South Wales and currently has a vacancy for a NPI Test Development Engineer. The position reports to the Business Development Manager and the successful candidate will be working alongside a small team of experienced Design Engineers.
This position will ideally suit someone with 7 or more years’ experience of working in a similar engineering environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Formulating test strategies that meet the objective of lean product verification
- Interpreting customer requirements to produce clear specifications
- Developing bespoke ‘rack & stack’ systems, including hardware and software
- Facilitating team-orientated risk management (FMEA and compliance review)
- Planning and implementing product verification and validation activities
- Analysing and interpreting test data versus application requirements
- Articulating product performance to a multi-disciplinary group
- Measurement System Analysis
- Disciplined problem solving
- Identifying and implementing continual improvement projects
- Structured and disciplined approach
- Articulate – able to convey technical options/arguments in a concise way
- Comfortable leading and facilitating team technical activities
- Focused on business results and process improvement
- Flexible – able and willing to contribute to all aspects of the teams’ work
- Proven project management abilities (scheduling, contingency planning, budget tracking, expediting)
- Conversant with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) approach to introduction of new high-reliability products
- Demonstrable problem-solving, process improvement and negotiation skills
- 7+ years’ experience of working in a concurrent engineering environment
Salary and Benefits
- Electronics Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Salary is subject to experience plus annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include 25 days annual leave, pension, life insurance, private medical insurance and continued professional development
Microsemi Semiconductor Limited
Nature of Business:
Castlegate Business Park
Advanced Microelectronics Packaging for Medical and High Reliability applications
Michelle Taylor (Head of HR/Personnel) 01291 435316
Please email CV in first instance to email@example.com