Job Description - The Role
Are you a recent graduate looking to kick start your career in a company that will support and encourage your professional development, or a technical whiz wanting to put your experience to great use in a challenging role? Then this superb opportunity to join a growing international company where you’ll be part of a hands-on and friendly team is one not to be missed.
Who will I be working with?
RFIDdirect is a specialist supplier of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology within the European market, with headquarters based in Mold, Flintshire, and a subsidiary in Kleve, Germany. The company specialises in quality products applications and solutions designed to tackle common production and logistical chain issues to speed up business cycles across a range of sectors, from manufacturing and retail, to healthcare and horticulture.
RFIDdirect has always invested in the ethos that staff are its greatest asset, actively encouraging and supporting its employees to further develop their learning and to bring new ideas to the table. Having recently been shortlisted for several innovation and technology awards, this is an exciting time to join the business as it aims to increase its market share of the growing RFID market in 2018 and beyond.
As a Software Developer, you’ll work as part of a small team and play a key role in developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s RFID-based products and solutions, whilst providing technical support to customers. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Designing, testing, producing and implementing RFID data capture and data management systems
- Coordinating with internal and external RFID product specialists to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects
- Providing technical support to international customers, diagnosing and solving any technical issues that may arise
- Detecting and predicting code defects by peer reviewing code
- A degree in Computer Science, Radio Technology, Electronics or similar
- Ability to develop software in C++ / Java / Python, with technical knowledge of SQL/Data Base management
- Enthusiasm and passion for innovating and creating new solutions
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Highly driven with a proactive approach to work
The following would be highly advantageous:
Salary and Benefits
- A good understanding of radio technology, spectrum analysing and oscilloscope measuring devices
- An understanding of web service concepts including JSON, SOAP and PSP
- Experience with memory management and catching mechanisms specific to mobile applications
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Ability to design the initial manuals for the software developed
You will be working within an international business, where your professional development will be supported and your ideas and suggestions encouraged.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum, level dependent on experience
Restrictions / Screening
Additional Benefits: Support for further education, pension contribution scheme, an attractive company-wide bonus scheme, and a pool-car for business use.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Mold, Flintshire
Unit 1 Office 8
Stephen Gray Road,
Nature of Business:
JVP is working in partnership with RFIDdirect to support their recruitment process and therefore will be completing the initial shortlist. Please note that shortlisted applicants will initially be contacted by JVP to undertake a telephone interview.
All applications to be submitted online and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.